Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I am so blessed!

Hello my dear friends!

My faithful scribe Daniel has declared me typing ready, and so i must blog. I am so thankful to you all for your prayers, thoughts, cards, flowers, meals & errands that you have generously given. My kids are loving all the desserts around the house.

My trip to Jonesboro was such a precious gift. I tried to just absorb as much of Kim as i could. I have to just say that God Blessed Me! Wow! My sister rocks. She has always been someone that i have admired, looked up to & loved dearly. She teaches me in all she does. Not only does she have a faith that is unshakable, but she remains a servant. She kept trying to take care of me! We curled up in bed together like we were kids. We would laugh, talk about life, take some pain meds, sleep, and then repeat. My mom loved having her two girls together for her to take care of! My mom has the ultimate servant heart. She is at her happiest when she is doing something for someone. My dad is displaying a life of ministry skills. We all are finding much comfort and hope in his prayers, stories and revelations. God is so at work and so into the details of our lives. I love to see His hand. Thank you God!

Physically i feel like i am making progress everyday. I was able to have another drain removed today. Down to the final drain, and if all goes as planned it will get yanked on Friday! pray it goes as planned because these drains are getting on my nerves. And they are uncomfortable.


I feel so blessed! Who knew that having breast cancer & a blog spot would turn up some precious people from my past! I have loved hearing from so many friends! Thanks! God has put many people into my life, and every single one has taught me something special and necessary for me to know for this moment in my life. I have been overwhelmed with love. I give God the glory for all of you and your support.

The prayers that you are lifting are so necessary for my sister (kim), her husband (mark), their kids (oliver, jackson, lehman, mary claire), my parents & my family & me. I truly believe it is by your willingness to storm the throne in prayer that we have been lifted by such amazing grace to endure these hard times. We have received many blessings out of your prayers. We need you to continue the race. It is not over yet.

I love you all! God bless you and yours!
Your servant,
karen

12 comments:

Tebo said...

Karen,
Thank you for the wonderful post! I am crying as I type-tears of joy at the mental image I have of you and Kim laughing. You do have an amazing sister and family. You are amazing too. Thank you Vic and Mary Green for giving the world so much through their family. Our prayers and love are with you all.
Janis Thibault

Shannon said...

Karen,
My mom heard about your blog, so I checked in. I think I have read every word. I am sorry for all that is going on, but I am so touched by your family's strength and faith. I know that you and Kim are both such a testimony to everyone you encounter. God bless you both. By the way, I live in Harrison and come your way at times. We will have to catch up in person at some point. Not many Badgers have ended up in the hills like us. I will continue to pray.

Love,
Shannon Bookout Owen

Blanche said...

So glad you got to go across the state to see Kim et al. Long distance illness is tough. Continue to let Daniel take care of you and get well. :) Your dad is, and always has been, a man of God who walked the talk - your mom, too. Rest well tonight. Love you all. Blanche & Jerry

Alicia said...

Hi friend,
Sorry we missed each other today. We'll try again.....soon. I'm so glad you got that drain out! yippee! Our study group was lifting you all in prayer tonight - as soon as I got there everyone wanted to ask how things were. They were all happy to hear of your wonderful progress and of your sweet family time this past weekend. Talk to you soon. Love, A

Laura Vaughn said...

Karen,

I live across the street from your dear, dear parents. I also work for the American Cancer Society (ACS), so know first hand what awesome servants your parents are...they love their daughters, son-in-laws and grandchildren so much - that is so evident with every word they speak. There is a HUGE prayer circle going on at ACS - I pray for you and Kim to be pain free. We will continue to pcik up the mail and papers and take care of their home so they can focus on what is important. Please let me know if there is an unmet need - we are here for you all! All my love and prayers...

Laura Vaughn

Katie said...

It blessed my heart to see you blogging yourself. I am so glad you are healing and your spirits are high. You and your family, as well as Kim's, are still in my prayers and very close to my heart. You have no idea how your story has touched my life. God Bless you, Katie

Pamela Britt said...

Karen- I love reading your words. I miss you. DB was so good to write. So glad you could just "be" with your sister. She truly is a gift to you from God. One more drain to go! BIG HUGS! Pamela

Louise Finney said...

well, Karen, I wrote a nice comment
but it must have been deleted
when I set up my Google account.
The total depravity of inanimate
objects! I said that I am Louise
Finney, of the Wesley group and have kept up with your and Kim's
journey through Blanche/Shirley.
Love you both because of your parents' ministry to all of us. Please give them my love and support and know that your families
are in my constant thoughts and
prayers. God Bless and keep all
of you in his arms and under his
wings.

msbeebe said...

DARLING GIRL: IT'S HARD FOR ME TO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A MOTHER OF 3! GUESS I STILL THINK OF YOU AS THE BEAUTIFUL, CRAZY, FUN LOVING HIGH SCHOOLER. YOU ARE SO MUCH LIKE MARY & KIM IS LIKE VICTOR. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEMORIES OF YOU IS THE CHILDREN'S SERMON YOU DID ABOUT SPIDERS IN AFRICA, YOU WERE JUST TOO CUTE!! I CAN CERTAINLY APPRECIATE THE PAIN & SORENESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED. I'VE HAD 3 BREAST SURGERIES SINCE 1977. AFTER MY 2ND ONE, JIM & LAUREN HAD TO DO MY HAIR, CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THAT LOOKED LIKE!! MARY HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY NURSE ROLE MODEL BUT I FALL SO SHORT MOST NIGHTS. YOU & KIM ARE MY INSPIRATION TO GROW IN MY SPIRITUAL LIFE & TRUST IN THE LORD. YOU TWO ARE TRULY LIVING THE SPIRIT FILLED LIFE!! PLEASE KNOW MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU. IF YOU NEED ME TO HELP WITH THE KIDS OR HOUSEWORK, LET ME KNOW. I ONLY WORK 2 NITES A WEEK & CAN BE IN F'VILLE IN 3 HRS. I DRIVE FAST!! MUCH LOVE, GLORIA PRUITT

P.S. OPHELIA & I HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!!!

Alicia said...

Hello! Checking in today....how are you? I hope you got the other drain out today and that you are feeling well. I'm hoping to spend some time with you soon. If you need anything......let me know. I try not to call daily, but I am always here! :-) Continuing my prayers....
Love, A

Laura Whitley said...

Karen,
As my Clair gets ready to start 6th grade band, I am reminded of a certain group of girls marching around your circle drive playing the trumpet, 2 clarinets, and a saxophone VERY LOUDLY, and quite badly, I might add. My, how the neighbors must have loved us! I'm sure your mom was trying to sleep, too. What fun times we've had, even while annoying others:) Looking forward to many more! Much love to you, your sweet scribe, and those gorgeous babies of yours!!! Laura

p.s. ever the bad speller, I had to look up gorgeous, and found the definition, which fits your life, my dear:
"resplendently beautiful"... hugs!

Marci said...

Karen
It has been so long...My heart broke when I heard about your diagnosis. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. My prayer is that you will continue to recover and get stronger everyday.

I have been reading Kim's blog. I am praying for Kim, Mark and the children. Your wonderfulparents are in my thoughts and prayers.

My daughter cheers for a 7-8 year old football team. When I watch her cheer it brings back some great memories of us cheering together.

Please know that you and your family hold a very special place in my heart. I love you all!!! May God be with you.

Love,
Marci Baker Cox