Tuesday, August 21, 2007

end of day 2

WOW! What a difference a day makes... Karen continued to get better and better today. She was able to walk around a bit, sit in a chair in her room and she is eating real food now.

Mary and Victor brought our kids by this afternoon to see their mom and they were a little taken aback with the hospital room and I think it was a little unsettling for little Boo (Vic) to see his mother laid up in the hospital bed. They were glad to see her but they did not like the hospital and want to see mom at home.

Dr. Atwood visited this evening and answered some questions for Karen and me. Everything continues to be in order with her surgery and recovery from his perspective. His nurse will be back tomorrow morning and he said after that, if Karen feels like it she will be free to go home. I would expect that if we have a good night and morning we will go home tomorrow.

The Northwest nursing staff, who has given Karen excellent care, removed her IV after dinner and she is now on oral pain medication vs the IV morphine. She continues to rest well and we are looking forward to going home tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of the prayers, emails, phone calls etc. Hopefully the next update will be made from our home.

Daniel Blasingame

9 comments:

Melaina said...

Karen,

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Melaina,Chris,and the boys

Unknown said...

Daniel & Karen-

What a blessing it has been to read your updates and see the power of prayer moving Karen through the healing process. Lori and I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. Please make sure that you are getting some rest and taking care of yourself as well...

Derek and Lori Gamradt

Mary-Margaret said...

Hi Karen,

I had no idea you were going through so much. I am so sorry. I am lifting you and your sweet family up in prayer again and again. It was wonderful to see a picture of you and that sweet baby on your blog. It's been so long since I've seen you! I miss you. You and Kim are dear to me and I will continue to pray that all your needs will be met. I'm going to let Julie Daugherty know how she can reach you, too.

Love,
Mary-Margaret Hester Scholtens

Anonymous said...

Praying for you tonight.

Rest well friends.

The Wiegels

Cherie said...

Hey Karen!! Carla forwarded this to me. I have been praying for you and your family. You have always been full of faith and a fighter. I know God has His hands on you and your family. I am forwarding this to Audra Hamilton and Shannon Fischer. The more prayer the better. I will continue to run the race for the cure to honor you and your sister and continue to raise money. If you need help with anything... I can always come over and help. You are blessed with a loving family. Please rest and get better. Don't over do it when you start feeling better. Love you, Cherie Mcquay McFadin

Alicia said...

Good morning! Hope you had a good and restful night. I know you can't wait to get back to your home and be with the kids. I'm here if you need anything and praying for today to be even better than yesterday.
Take care, both of you. Love, AB

Leigh Ann said...

Karen,
I have been following Kim's blog and found out about your diagnosis and surgery. I hope today finds you progressively getting stronger and on your way home. It has been many years since we have seen each other but I can still remember your laugh and spirit about you. You have been in my thougts and I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery. Many prayers to you and your family.

Love,
Leigh Ann Schmidt(Daniel)

Katie said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing better and going home. I will continue to keep you close to my heart and in my prayers. I know seeing your kids was good for both you and them. Keep the faith! Love you, Katie

Blanche said...

Hi, Karen & Dan. I know you can hardly wait to get through your front door. The caution about not over-doing is a good one. I feel like singing the Doxology for you!! "Nothing can separate us from the love of God..." Your whole family is in our prayers. Love you gobs, as Emma says. Blanche