Tuesday, August 28, 2007

To Jonesboro with Love

As most of you have read on Kim's Blog, Karen was able to make the trip yesterday afternoon to Jonesboro to see Kim. HOORAY! Many thanks to our good friend Dr. Rob Hix for applying his flying skills to his aircraft and delivering Karen safely to see Kim. Karen said she had an enjoyable journey over with Rob, Paige and their children. She is so THANKFUL to be able to be with Kim and their family at this time.

Karen is flying home in the morning to go to a doctor visit tomorrow and hopefully will have a good update and be able to remove the remaining two drains. We will then turn our focus on planning for the next phase of her treatment which will involve more surgery but the dates have yet to be determined. The short term plan is to have my mom and sister come up this Wednesday and help with the house and the kids for the next week as Karen continues her recovery and it allows me to go back to work.

Please pray that Karen will continue to heal quickly so she can head back to Jonesboro in a week or so for another precious visit. Karen really needs to be able to be with Kim & Mark & the kids as well as her parents right now so please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers along with the McNabbs & the Greens. Thank you all for the many gifts, flowers, prayers & kind comments posted to this blog.

Your ever faithful scribe,

Daniel Blasingame

9 comments:

TAG said...

Daniel,
Thank you again for keeping us informed on Karen. Her visit was just what Kim neede. There is so much love and happiness in the room when they get together. Karen, you are on my mind everyday right now. I will continue to pray. Love you
Troy

Pamela Britt said...

Karen, I love you! Just a little reminder, you can always count on me. Give Kim a big hug from me. Pamela

Blanche said...

Thanks, "Faithful Scribe." Your love, compassion, and concern for Karen's whole well-being are so obvious. We are praying for a good dr.'s visit and continued recovery. You all are in our prayers. Love from us - Blanche & Jerry

Anonymous said...

Daniel and Karen,

What great joy you are experiencing in the little things of life. So precious yet so many times we let everyday take us away. I am glad Karen is home and with all of you. I am thankful you have such good extended families and friends. What a true blessing! We are so prayful for a full healing. Hang in there and JOY!

Tona and Tom

Audra Hamilton said...

Karen--

I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I am over in Tulsa and can come by anytime to help out with anything you guys need. Lots of love to you.

Audra

susan_salter@hotmail.com said...

I have thought about you all every day. I have kept karen and kim in my prayers too. Love you both and look forward to a complete recovery soon and fun times to come. Love - susan and justin

Caroline Jackson Morgan said...

Karen--
How precious for you and Kim to be together again. As you two already know, a sister's love is special and ever present. Big hugs to you and your family for continued healing and strength.
love, caroline

Unknown said...

Karen,

I found Kim's blog last winter and have been checking it since. Now I find your blog, but am glad to hear of you recovering. I wish you and your family all the best and God's Grace,

Regards,
Antti Ruotoistenmaki

razrback Poker said...

Karen, my mom just told me about your sister and you. I did a quick google search and found this blog. I am so sorry to hear this. I will include both of you in my prayers. I can understand everything that you are going through as I have been going through this with my wife since 2005. My wife let Robynn know so that she can add you to her prayers. Just know that there are people praying for both you and your sister all the way out in Amarillo, TX. I know you will keep your faith and trust that God will take care of you. Clark Robertson