Wednesday, August 22, 2007

good news and home at last!

Dr. Cross came to visit early this morning bearing encouraging news from pathology. There was no indication of any other cancer or anomolies in the tissue other than what was found on the initial biopsy. This is really great news!

Karen rested the remainder of the morning and had her last lunch in the hospital. She said it was pretty good, meatloaf & mashed 'taters. (That tidbit of detail is included for the lime jello coveters - you know who you are... Julie Francis) About 2:30pm we were discharged out into the heat of August. Thank goodness we are home. Karen is doing well, resting in her own bed now. Baby Fiona is taking a little nap too. Vic, Ophelia and I are all sitting on the couch watching Little Einsteins. It is the first TV they have been able to watch due to the fact that Nan and Pop weren't able to coax the TV on at the same time as the satellite box. No worries, we try to limit their TV time anyway and it did them good to spend a few days at home with no Dora, Little Einsteins or Back Yardigans.

With Karen's good progress Mary and Victor Green left to spend the night in Benton tonight and go to Jonesboro first thing in the morning to be with Kim. They have been so helpful to us over the past 4 days; We wish we were on our way to Jonesboro to be with Kim too but Karen can't travel in her current state. The Drs. advised that Karen shouldn't travel until she has the last of her 4 drains removed which will probably be next Wednesday; We will see. Although we want to be en route to Jonesboro, it is kind of nice to sit at home with the kids and Karen and pretend for a few minutes that everything in life is back to normal even when I know it is not.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, words of encouragement and help while we were in the hospital. Thank God for answered prayer.

Sincerely,

Daniel Blasingame

12 comments:

Diane said...

Daniel, I can't tell you how happy I am to read Karen's Prayer. It has brought me to a closer understanding of your beautiful and blessed family.

I am so glad the news on her recovery is positive and the pathology findings are also encouraging. My eyes fill with tears as I read your words and feel the love you have for Karen and your children shining through them accross the web.

I have had Karen in my morning and evening prayers and I will continue to pray for courage, strenght and faith for all of you, including her very wonderful parents.

With love,
Diane Noboa

Alicia said...

Welcome Home!!! I know you are so glad to be there. Tonight in bible study at church we'll lift you all in prayer and also give a mighty thanks for bringing you thru this part of the process with such success. I'm so thankful about the path report....yippee!
We'll also say a special prayer for Mary & Victor and for their travels back and forth. May the Lord keep and bless you all. Enjoy tonight together. Call for backup if you need it!!
AB

Pamela Britt said...

DB and KGB. I'm glad to know that you are home and resting well. I just knew they wouldn't find anything in the path reports. Craving anything? Let us know if it gets a little crazy over there and we will come get some kids. They can spend the day or night. I know you love to be with them, but you need rest so just let us know. We love you guys. The Britts

Wheat said...

What a journey this has been. We're so very happy that Karen is at home. And we hope you are able to join Kim very soon and be together.

Wheat & Gina

mtaylo5 said...

Whoo hoo! Home is good. So glad you are there.
I wish for you the speediest of healing so you can be with your big sister. Sisters rock...especially yours and mine.

To Daniel, you rock too L.

See you Saturday. Sleep tight tonight. Love you both.

Teena Potts said...

Hi Guys! I'm so glad Karen is home and doing well. I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in our prayers!! I know you have so many people taking care of you, but if there is ANYTHING you need please let me know! Payton and Ryland would love a playdate any time and I'm all over the place and can run errands for you, bring food, or whatever you can think of! Just let me know.

Again, we're praying for you all!
Teena

Annie said...

Karen,
Welcome home! So glad you are home and resting. You and yours continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and rest as much as you can. I will call soon, in the meantime if there is anything I can do, please let me know.
love,
Annie

Cherie said...

I am so glad you are in the comfort of your home. I will continue to pray for healing. Your family is an inspiration. I hope you know how much you have touched the lives of others and encouraged them in there faith. Love always, Cherie McFadin

Margaret said...

We are thrilled that you are home, Karen. You may not know where Pangburn is, but we are praying for you here. We are praising God for your good report and standing firm in our belief that your cancer is GONE.

We continue to pray for all of you - you, Daniel and your kids, Kim, Mark and their kids, and your precious parents.

Love and prayers,
Margaret and Mike McNabb

Blanche said...

And now we pray for a fantastic, speedy recovery...and calmness in the midst of turmoil. What's that song about "God is in control..." We know that He is, too. Daniel, you've been a wonderful reporter - thank you SO much for keeping us all informed about Karen and Kim, too. Rest well tonight(children, too). May God surround your whole family, Kim's whole family, and Mary & Vic with His strength, courage, peace, and love. Love you. Blanche

Alicia said...

Hi guys,
Hope day 2 at home is a good one and praying K's parents made it Jonesboro safely and that D's mom arrives here safely! Hoping you are feeling better with each passing day. I know your heart is with Kim and you want to be there more than anything so I pray that you will be able to travel there soon. We had a great prayer over your family last night at bible study and more offers of help if and when you need it.
Love, A

Laura Mitchel said...

Halleluiah! I am so glad to hear the biopsy came back clear. What good news! Daniel, the updates have been great and I look forward to your next entry to tell us that Karen is another step closer to a full recovery. Our love to your entire family, Laura and Chris.