Friday, August 24, 2007

update from home

After spending the afternoon on Wednesday and all day Thursday at home Karen is continuing to recover well. Thanks to everyone who has brought food, emailed, called, SMS'd, prayed & directed positive thoughts to Karen.

Today we hope to be able to have Dr. Atwood remove 2 of the drains that are helping keep down swelling as Karen heals. They serve a good purpose but they are kind of a nuisance and it will be great to get them out. Keep your fingers crossed.

The kids are being gentle and adjusting to not being able to be held by their mama. They are proud to have Mom at home. My mother, Marietta, came up last night to help out and we are thankful. We have made it very well over the past couple of days but having a grandmother around is a HUGE positive with the kids.

Yesterday Kim called Karen to check on her progress!! They were able to have a good conversation and it was a real blessing to Karen. They changed Kim's pain medication to a stronger, longer lasting dosage. She was up eating soup when she called Karen which is great because the 2 days before she was hardly able to eat. Please keep Kim & family in your prayers. Your prayers are providing much comfort to Kim & Mark & family.

I am typing this with Karen looking on. She still can't really put her arms in "typing" position yet but it won't be long!

Karen says she feels your prayers and she really appreciates everyone. She has a great attitude and I think that is really helping to move her along in the healing process.

Sincerely,

Daniel Blasingame

9 comments:

TAG said...

Karen, i am still praying for you family. That is so good that you talked to Kim yesterday. Your parents are amazing people and raised two amazing daughters. Your family has touched so many. I love you and miss you.
Troy

Tebo said...

Karen,
I was blessed to get to visit with Kim yesterday too. Even in such illness, she radiates light and love. I have followed your progress through your sweet husband's postings. Scott and I (and our kids) are fervently praying for you all. As I told Kim yesterday, I am always here for anyone in your family if there is a need. I love you all. Keep getting stronger and take care of yourself. Janis T.

Paul and Shelley said...

Karen, Daniel and family,
We had no idea that all of this was going on with you until just the other day! We have been reading your posts, as well as your sister's. You are an amazing family with unbelievable strength and faith. Please know that you have been on our minds and hearts all week long, as your sister and her family have as well. I have found myself stopping several times throughout these days to pray for your continued healing, and strength for your family as well as Kim's. Of course I don't even know her, but Kim seems like a pillar of strength. Keep the posts coming...
Shelley and Paul Ahmed

Blanche said...

I am so glad to hear from you - thanks, Daniel. Joel sends his love & prayers. I just visited with your Momma, Karen, and she sounded good...I could hear Kim & some of the girls laughing & talking in the other room...amazing grace, isn't it. Love you all. Remember, I'm near. Blanche

Jordan Burns Lawson said...

Karen,
I am so glad to hear that you are at home and in recovery. I love you and will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Love-Jordan

Margaret said...

Karen,
It is a blessing to hear that you are getting stronger and feeling better every day. I'm especially glad you got to talk to Kim yesterday - I'm sure that was good for both of you! We continue to pray from the depts of our souls for you and Kim.

Give yourself a gentle hug and never forget that you are much loved. Margaret Mc

shonaree said...

Thank you for sharing so others can pray. I am just learning of the ordeal that both Kim and Karen have been experiencing and my heart is broken. Yet, I am uplifted, as I'm sure the girls are, with the power of God's presence and the amount of love that is covering them. Know that my family will begin our prayers for these families and please share my personal Hello and expression of love to my former classmate, Karen.

Alicia said...

Good morning B Family! Hope you all are well today. How was the dr appt? We'd love another update when you are able to do so :-)
Thinking of you, of Kim & her family and your whole clan so often. Karen, a prayer for you today, taken from the prayers we prayed as a group with you:
"Holy spirit, dwell in Karen. Guard her heart against worry, her mind against doubt and make her body strong. May she not be entangled by thoughts of this world, but instead may she bask in the joy of being a woman of faith, sealed by God, for all time. May she run this race with perseverance and bring glory to you!"

You are doing so well! I can't wait to see you and tell you in person how proud I am of you. Daniel, I am proud of you too! You've been all that Karen and your family needed you to be and your love for them shines. Hope your Saturday is peaceful. Love,
Alicia & Steve

Stephanie said...

Hi Karen! Steven and I are continuing to follow your progress thru Daniel's posts and we are happy you are getting better day by day! We hope you were strong enough to make the flight to Jonesboro today to visit your sister. You and your family are in our daily thoughts. Take care,
Stephanie