Saturday, August 25, 2007

doctor appt. update

I took Karen to her appointment at Dr. Atwood's office yesterday afternoon and they were able to remove 2 of her 4 drains. Our marching orders are to continue to monitor the output of the remaining 2 drains and call Tuesday morning to talk to the nurse about the progress. If she continues to heal, and not over exert herself, we should be able to have the other 2 drains removed on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The doctors (Atwood & Cross) both said that if she feels up to it, she can go to Jonesboro to see Kim. If she has a good day today one of our good friends is going to fly her over in his plane tomorrow. A 5 hour car ride is probably too much to undertake but she thinks that she could make an hour plane ride given good weather. If the Good Lord is willing, they should take off for Jonesboro tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Pray for good weather so she can go see Kim.

We are sitting out on the back porch reading the paper enjoying the break in the weather. It is such a joy to sit together and watch the kids play out in the wet grass and on their rain-soaked swing set. Karen is finding great pleasure in being able to get out of bed and get some fresh air. Vic is finding every mud puddle within sprinting distance and making quite mess of his clothes. I'm glad my mom is here to help clean up these children.

Continued thanks for your help and prayers,

Daniel Blasingame

8 comments:

Shay Olson said...

Oh, my dear, sweet friend! I am so, so thankful to hear of your progress. I am thinking of you and your whole family and praying for all of you! I am hoping to see you soon, but we are passing a cold around our house and I don't want to bring it to you or your family. So please know that I am with you always! If there is anything that I can do to help, please call. I love you! Shay

Annie said...

Karen,
That is great news to hear you are feeling better each day, and healing well. I am so glad, weather permitting you will be able to go see Kim. Travel safe and take care of yourself. Let me know if you need anything! So glad Daniel's Mom is there with you guys.
Love and prayers to all,
Annie
P. S. Daniel thanks for the updates!

Alicia said...

Great news!! Karen, I pray for your trip tomorrow and I know you'll get to go - He's provided healing for you to travel and a way to get there so He'll provide good weather too :-) Please give Kim a hug from me.
Isn't today a beautiful day? The rain storm this morning was awesome. I smiled thinking of you all enjoying it as a family in your cool yard. I laughed when I read about Vic and the mud and Daniel I AM glad your mom is there because I seem to remember your words from when we were on vacation "Karen, this baby is dirty" haha...that always makes me laugh. You & Steve are peas in a pod on that front!! He got such a kick out of you saying that - now he says it to me! Thanks a lot.... You are a lucky man to have such wonderful women in your life :-)
I'm going to call next week for a visit if all is up to it. Love, AB

Blanche said...

Praising God for your good progress. I'll be praying for good weather and safety. Have a wonderful visit. Love you all. Blanche

Julie Francis said...

Dearest Karen & Daniel & all those progeny...
I've been busy searching epicurious .com for healthy, delicious gorumet lime jello recipes to facilitate the healing. I figure if the hospital says green jello is good post-operative, then we must eat as much as we can. I'll set a good example by eating my body weight in jello. With the doctors' approval (Paige?), perhaps we'll even make my family's thanksgiving specialty -- orange jelly with grated carrots and mandarin oranges! When we get fancy, we throw cool whip on top! (and coming to see you is very exciting, so I think we should count on the cool whip)

I'm counting the days until I can hop on that plane and come see you all. I hope Karen will be ready for some enormous hugs because I"m not sure I'll be able to restrain myself ;-)

I LOVE YOU GUYS! Thanks so much for all your updates. Karen, may you continue to feel better and better. May your collection of videos keep your children completely entertained when you and the grandparents and community of friends are out of energy and ideas. May you be able to go see your sweet sister (and please give her my love). May you soon be ready to hug and snuggle your children and your husband pain-free, without drains in the way.

see you guys in 16 days (but who is counting?) Sending you lots of love from foggy northern california. xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoo and some more xoxoxooxoxoxooxx Julie et al

Brigette Nelson said...

We love you, Karen. We are so happy for you and yet so sad for Kim. We love your family and are praying so hard for a miracle for Kim. We are happy that you are doing well after your surgery and just know that you are going to be fine. Please, pass along our love to your family....they mean so much to us.

love,
Brigette

Jan said...

just ran across your blog. I live in fayetteville. Please visit my blog and let me know if I can do anything at all! Will be praying for you both.

Jan

Laura Whitley said...

Karen Marie, I love you! Short and sweet tonight, for my sweet friend:) Much love, Laura Anne