Thursday, September 13, 2007

Family Time

I have known that i needed to write for many days, but i have found it most difficult to find words.

I am healing remarkably well. There are definitely some physical limitations still at this point, but time and appropriate exercises will help remedy those problems. The swelling is almost resolved, and pain is becoming something of the past. I still have to be cautious to not over do it, but i see progress everyday.

I can't say Thank-you enough to all of you. Your prayers, love, and acts of kindness have been overwhelming - you have taken care of my family and provided support that has enabled me to concentrate on my healing. We are grateful.

While i know you are curious to hear of my progress, i know you are equally anxious to hear about Kim. Here is where i find it hard to talk. Kim was admitted to the hospital today. It has been increasingly hard to manage her pain and so this is one of the major reasons for her going into the hospital. I don't feel like i can reveal much more - i feel a deep conviction to maintain the privacy of Kim and her family until they are ready to share more about this deeply intimate time in their lives. I know that you can understand that we are all trying to manage a full range of emotions right now. What i can share is that Kim is being well cared for and her pain is under control.

Your prayers are sustaining, and God's presence is where we find comfort. We see and feel God's loving hands through your gracious acts of kindness. Please continue to lift Kim, Mark & the kids, and my parents in your prayers.

My family and I will leave in the morning to go to Jonesboro. I will share more with you when i am able.

May God's blessings rain down upon you!
Karen

9 comments:

Blanche said...

What a difficult time this is. Thank you for taking the time to bring us up-to-date. I am so grateful for your good, steady progress and will continue to pray for your continued recovery and complete healing. I am glad you all are headed to Jonesboro. Do be careful on the trip-may God surround you on all sides with His guardian angels, and may He give you His peace. Love you.

Unknown said...

Karen,

my regards to you, Mary, Vic, Kim & Mark as you are headed to Jonesboro. Thank you for your posting on your blog.

Antti Ruotoistenmäki

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Dear Karen,
Thanks for updating us, it means a lot to hear from you. I'm so thankful for your continued recovery and for your strength. Praying for safe travels for the Blasingames today and for peace that is beyond all understanding (to quote a very special woman). I don't even know what to say really, but I love both you & Kim and pray for her with all my heart as well your entire families. This isn't how we pictured it, is it? No, but I believe in His perfect plan and I find comfort in knowing you do too and, most importantly, Kim does. She is such a believer and so faithful. Thank you for sharing her story with us 2 years ago in prayer group - I am so thankful to know her. I looked back and it was Nov 05 that we started praying for her in that group. THE prayer hasn't been answered, but I know many, many have. Peace be with you all during this visit and may you feel the love of the many who care for your family. Love, AB

layrockcrew said...

Karen and family,
God give you strength and meet all of your needs during this difficult time. Know that you are being lifted up so often. You are in my thoughts and in my heart. God's blessing be upon you.

Diana

Stephanie said...

Karen,
Thanks for your last post. Steven and I were happy to get to visit with you a couple of weeks ago and you and your sister and families continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We are glad your progress is going so well and let us know if we can do anything to help. Take care,
Stephanie

Marci said...

Karen
Lifting you and your family up in Prayer.

Marci Baker Cox

Gina said...

Karen,

Many thanks for the update. May God's peace be with you, Kim, and your entire family.

With sincerest regards,
Gina & James

Melanie said...

Still praying for Kim, you and your families many times throughout the day. Love you!!