Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy belated Easter!


Thanks for the encouraging comments and emails. We had a great Easter and Holy Week and I hope everyone did too. Here's a picture of the kids after church & lunch on Easter Sunday and there are some more pics here.

It has now been almost 8 weeks since my last surgery and I have been getting back to exercising for the past week or two and feeling better. I was hoping to do the Little Rock marathon but it just wasn't in the cards. Daniel and I went down to to race to encourage our friends who were participating and I wanted to honor Kim's memory by doing the race as she did the year before (Kimsprayer entry March 2007). Next year for sure! Thanks to all those who participated and thought of Kim. Also, thanks for your continued prayers.

Speaking of exercising, Kori, Leslie, Melanie & I are participating in the Hogeye Marathon as a relay team on April 6 and Daniel & I are doing the NWA Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure on April 19th. Keep us all in your prayers!!

Thanks again,
KGB

8 comments:

layrockcrew said...

Karen,
It was so GREAT seeing your blog and all the pictures. You have some beautiful children! I know you and Daniel are very proud. You are still in my prayers even though you seem to be doing AMAZING! (Never expected anything less ;)...) I'm glad there was a picture of you in with the kids. Continue to take care of yourself and keep us posted on your blog site. There are some of us that check it regularly just looking for a great news update!!! Love ya girl!

TAG said...

Karen,
The family looks great. I think about you and your family all the time. Take care of yourself and keep blogging. Love you!
Troy

Janis said...

Karen,
Thank you so much for sharing your family pics with us. You and your children are beautiful. I see so much of Kim in her kids-makes me smile! Mary Claire looks like a fireball. I think of you and your family often. You guys are always in my prayers.
Janis(Chi-o/"Tri-Pi" sister of Kim's)

Ashley said...

Karen
Thinking of you today and about the race tomorrow. I will be praying for you and Daniel. I am inspired by you and your determination over the last year. Thank you for showing me and others that with God all things are possible. God bless.

Ashley

Marci said...

Karen
Congrats!!! on your top 3 finish and your overall finish on Saturday.

What a great way to honor Kim!!! And for you to be able to run as a survivor. You are such a strong amazing person, who I admire!!!!

Hope you are doing well...your kids are absolutely beautiful!!!

Much love to you!!
Marci

Unknown said...

those photos were sooo cute, fiona looked like a fairy; it cracked up me! I'll show Debbie the site, she'll think it's darling.

Marci said...

Karen
Hope you and your family are doing well!!!

This is a girl I know and would love for you to keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers

www.caringbridge.org/visit/
kendallwomble

Much Love
Marci

Marci said...

Karen
I wanted to let you know that Jay Wooten's mom past away on Saturday. She had some type of brain tumor...not sure of any details. Just wanted to let you know. Hope you and your family are doing well!!!

Much Love
Marci